I can only speak for myself, but something weird is happening right now: In my first year of graduate school, I'm enjoying school in ways I never have. It may be a matter of being able to apply my education to my career but I think it also has to do with in-class interactions, and the nature of my assignments. I have been exposed to the concept of self-directed learning and before I knew it I realized that my professors were using self-directed learning assignments on me.
My research paper will be discussing how to effectively combine self-directed learning, the reversed classroom and the teacher website. I realize this is broad but I am pretty sure I will be able to dial in an organized central argument. I aim to further my understanding of these pedagogical strategies so that I can meet our "21st Century" learning needs. In other words, I will be adapting from all my previous learning experiences to becoming a teacher who facilitates learning by incorporating digital technology to supplement my class time and homework assignments. Part of the theory behind Self- directed learning is to blur the line between entertainment and education, and for students to advocate for their learning experience. My goal as an educator is to [as much as possible] deliver content that captures the attention and minds of my students and to provide well-planned, compelling assignments that students can take interest in.
This is why I find this class essential to my development as an educator. Before taking this class the concept of reaching students, especially at risk students, was a seemed to be the million dollar question; I feel that I have some great tools that I can apply to my career as an educator.
Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment