Monday, November 24, 2014

Smart Board and Smart Notebook

The Smart Board has revolutionized the way we as educators are able to share information and media in the classroom.  For this, I am glad our education programs emphasizes developing or skills, here at Nazareth.  I have begun to orient myself my Smart Exchange, a website that shares different Smart apps, lessons, among other ways to use the Smart Board.  I see myself using several different apps, but I have specifically drawn toward a timer, a jeopardy game, and a graphic organizer creator.  The graphic organizer creator is most important to me; as a secondary social studies teacher it will be necessary for me lecture during class, and graphic organizers have shown to be the most effective way to facilitate sound note taking. 

For my sample teaching/non-linear PowerPoint I am planning doing some first day of class activities.  I have some images about me I want to share, an ice breaker activity and a short questionnaire.  I haven't yet put much together (not that I want to give too much away), but I want to include as much new Smart tools while I keep it non-linear.  I am still trying to figure to incorporate the non-linear aspect of the assignment into my presentation.  This exercise will surely broaden my Smart Board skill set.

No comments:

Post a Comment